Wednesday

Pregnant And 16? No, But Engaged Since 12

Every girl I've met in the last 6 months has been engaged since elementary school. To me it's like they took the school yard wedding just a little too serious. I really don't get it, those girls or the guys for the matter haven't lived a day in their life and already have a bond that's suppose to last a life time? Personally I don't think you can love someone at 12 or even 21 for that matter. I agree that you can enjoy spending time with that other person, but as far as to love them... Personally I feel like you need to love yourself before you can love anyone else, enjoy your own company rather than going nuts as a single guy or girl. I've met people that can't go a day with being single, to me that's as bad as not being able to wipe your own ass. Have some damn independence, have a little self reliance; lean how to cook your own dinner, and clean your own house, and other things fully functioning humans tend to do.

I've heard way to many people say "we've never spent more than a couple hours apart since we've met, we're so in love." and that's when I wonder what happens when one gets bored of the other? For the one more attached life as they know it ends, and for the lesser attached life goes on to the next one. It absolutely kills me to hear that kind of shit when a little freedom and independence would have taken care of the problem to start with. When you spend every waking moment with your significant other you have nothing new or exciting to tell the other person.

I came from the school of thought where you found yourself a women, any women and you make her your wife because there is a limited supply. That's bullshit. There are 6-7 Billion people on this planet, females aren't in short supply, good ones maybe, but not females as a whole. I was married once upon a time several years ago. She wasn't what I imagined out of a wife. I wanted an attractive, kind, loving, adventurous, independent, fun loving, one of a kind human beaning that couldn't be replaced easily. What I got was an overweight, lazy bulldog of a woman. Her father actually said "Son, you got the worst one of the bunch, too bad there's no refunds" about a month before I separated her, I guess I showed him. For a girls own father to say something like that to me made me sick.

At this point in my life I pretty much preach at the church of bettering yourself and going after the things you want in life, because you'll never be happy settling for second best.

No comments:

Post a Comment